Engineering and Design
Test Equipment Engineer
United States, California, San Luis Obispo
We are looking for a Test Equipment Engineer to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- The Test Equipment Engineer is responsible for design, development, assembly, and deployment of product development test equipment and test fixtures.
- Maintain and upgrade hardware and software for new and existing test equipment systems.
- Support the creation of requirement and specifications.
- Setup and verification of new test equipment.
- Create and update documentation
- Work with test engineers to establish project listings and priorities.
- Track and report the progress of all projects.
- Maintain a clean professional work area.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred); or equivalent
- In-depth CAD, FEA, and DFM experience required. Creo experience is a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, machining, wiring, general electronics, and debugging.
- Able to create and interpret detailed electrical specifications and schematics.
- Experience with data acquisition hardware is a plus.
- Mechatronics and robotics experience is a plus.
- Experience with modal analysis is a plus.
- Experience working in a machine shop is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary starts at $75,000 + up to 40% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.