Marketing and Communications
Vice President of Marketing
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for a seasoned marketing professional to serve as Vice President of Marketing for SRAM. In this position, you will oversee an entire marketing communications department of over 80+ global team members who focus on: Brand Promotions & Activation, Digital Marketing, Insights & Research, Communications & PR, Events/Festivals/Tradeshows, Promotional Items/SWAG, Partnership Marketing, Athletes & Racing, Mobile Support, Corporate Marketing and Crisis Management, and Creative Oversight. Activities include setting budgets and guiding all major marketing campaign moves. You will be responsible for leading the marketing communications strategy, so you must have experience in a variety of fields, including social media and digital marketing, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), managing creative partners, and public relations best practices. We are looking for a candidate that will take our team from Great to World Class/Next Level. Our perfect candidate has an advanced degree in marketing and at least fifteen years of experience in a global organization with annual sales revenues in excess of 4 billion USD. Global experiences managing several direct reports of varying cultures, and very strong operational and organizational skills are critical. Excellent communication with proven abilities to inspire others is mandatory. Experience in the Active Outdoor field is important and highly encouraged, especially cycling.
- You must have a keen eye to uncover, nurture, and deeply-develop SRAM and its brand identities and promotion strategy and act as a brand evangelist for external partners, embodying and articulating the brand’s purpose and performance characteristics.
- You will assist to express our brands through great storytelling, community-building, and the full customer experience while communicating our value proposition across all touchpoints.
- You will be a source of inspiration for our teams, pushing operational, merchandising, and tech teams to always be brand-first in their thinking, and grounded in our core strengths and values.
- You will commit to quantitative and qualitative customer insights to continually impact the ongoing conversation between our brand and its riders, thus delivering campaigns that create attraction and stickiness.
- You will keep a finger on the pulse of existing/emerging consumer and cultural trends and use those to influence to evolve.
- You will build, develop, and motivate a talented team to be results-driven, agile, future-thinking, and inspired - and to feel true ownership in the tactical execution of the brand strategy.
- 15+ years experience in Marketing with global experience.
- Experience in the development and execution of digital and conventional marketing strategies.
- College degree required. Advanced degree in Marketing or MBA preferred.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Experience creating and implementing integrated marketing programs with stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience in traditional and digital market space marketing.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and oral, presentation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Strong team player, with excellent & motivating collaboration skills.
- Deep knowledge of marketing principles, brand, promotion & digital.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to make bold decisions.
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics.
- Strong analytical & financial acumen.
- Developer of people.
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.