Design Engineer, Suspension - Colorado Springs, CO
- Design robust bicycle suspension components and systems that meet customer needs and support SRAM corporate objectives on the suspension product line.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of these designs throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Partner with other suspension engineering team members in design and development/release of suspension programs using SRAM product development and design engineering methods.
- Implement new suspension designs into SRAM Asia factories.
- Meet project timing and cost targets.
- Learn suspension design and development through work with suspension development projects.
- BSME or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of bicycle mechanics and performance.
- Extensive Creo (Pro-E) experience and knowledge: 3D modeling, drawings, assemblies and use of Windchill PLM software.
- Strong mechanical design experience and knowledge, practice use of engineering science to develop commercial products. Ideally 3-5 years design experience – vehicle or bicycle products, consumer products, suspension products.
- Ability to conceptualize designs, create detailed drawings, and implement the designs into SRAM Asia factories while optimizing design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and practices.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800 people in 17 offices across 13 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.