Product Development Quality Engineer
Purpose: Ensure new products contain robust designs, consistent manufacturing, and deliver trouble-free operation to our customers via the effective execution of quality planning activities throughout the development cycle.
- Active Product Development team member with the responsibility of driving quality planning activities during the development cycle, supply chain process, and assembly factories.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem-solving and data analysis, including the use of root cause and statistical tools.
- Ensure completeness of production qualification, including testing and manufacturing capability verification.
- Collaborate with global factories and supply chain to ensure quality plans are effectively implemented into production.
- Coach team members on quality planning activities and help to expand quality responsibility throughout the organization.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the product development, quality planning, testing, manufacturing processes, and measurement methods.
- Ability to take on the role of a change advocate, and guide the development team through quality planning activities.
- APQP, Six Sigma, or equivalent training preferred; Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is ideal.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to partner effectively with global team members in Europe and Asia.
- Familiarity with the bicycle industry highly valued.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
Location: Multiple Locations (San Luis Obispo, CA – Colorado Springs, CO – Chicago, IL – Schweinfurt, Germany)
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via our online application system.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 2,800 people in 16 offices across 9 countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.