Février 1, 2012
New SRAM RED is Launched - The Performance Advantage
New SRAM RED represents the pinnacle of Road racing technology and delivers countless Performance Advantages to the Professional and Enthusiast alike.
For 2012, the new SRAM RED continues in the SRAM tradition as the leader in light weight, flawless shifting, aerodynamics, and ergonomic advantage with aesthetic styling. How did we improve on the world’s best mechanical gruppo? We started with everything we knew, and then designed a brand new drivetrain from scratch. Each part was engineered with the twin goals of eliminating the superfluous while focusing on an overall synergy that translates into unmatched performance. Elegant and simple, SRAM RED perfects the riding experience through genuine innovation. SRAM RED changes everything.
SIX BRAND NEW COMPONENTS: Shifters, Rear Derailleur, Front Derailleur, Brakeset, Crankset, Cassette
> NEW FRONT SHIFTING TECHNOLOGY: Fast / Efficient / Low noise
> FULLY INTEGRATED POWER METER: New Quarq Technology
> AMAZING NEW FINISH: Two-tone Falcon Grey and Black look
> SRAM RED TOTAL WEIGHT: 1739g (BB30). The lightest groupset ever.
The new SRAM RED ErgoDynamics Shifters represent our most advanced thinking yet on perfecting the interface between rider and bike. We have scrutinized everything, including the transition between handlebar and hoods, the grip texture, finger wrap, and the separate interfaces with both the shifter and brake lever.
• ErgoDynamic design: best in class control & comfort
• New reach adjustment to fit all hands
• DoubleTap® and ZeroLoss mechanisms for smooth and precise shifting
SRAM RED Rear Derailleur
• Exact Actuation: fast and accurate shifting technology for precise, efficient shifting. We have paid rapt attention to the finer details, like adding a hollow titanium anchor bolt and even refining tooth geometry of the jockey wheel.
• New AeroGlide jockey wheels for silent performance
• New cage and body design for improved cassette clearance
SRAM RED Front Derailleur
Instead of simply moving back and forth, the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. We call it Yaw Technology, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim.
• Revolutionary Yaw Technology eliminates trim
• Fast and precise optimized shifting • Refined materials for stiff and lightweight cage
SRAM RED Crankset
The new SRAM Red Exogram Crankset is completely hollow all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight. The stunning X Glide chainrings are optimized for use with the Yaw Technology in the front
derailleur, delivering seamless, flawless performance.
• Featherweight Exogram hollow carbon construction
• X Glide R chainrings: advanced shifting technology
• Hidden bolt for increased strength and stiffness
SRAM RED Quarq Power Meter
A lighter, more accurate power meter completely integrated with the philosophy and performance of SRAM RED. The sleek new geometry reduces system weight and delivers clearance for oversized frames and aerodynamic chainrings. Integrated electronics minimize interconnections and reduce exposure to the elements, bringing unmatched durability and reliability.
• Lightweight and +/- 1.5% accuracy • Integrated electronics = maximum reliability
• Ease-of-use: Visible ID, LED indicator, replaceable battery
• OmniCalTM: Fit TT chainrings without recalibration
SRAM RED Brake Calipers
The new SRAM Red Brakeset has been created with a host
of wind-cheating features to make the brake body more aerodynamic. The new patented AeroLink arm reduces frontal area while improving braking performance and modulation.
• AeroLink arm: improved modulation and high power
• Sleek profile and aero barrel adjuster
• Aero indexed 4-position quick release
SRAM RED Powerdome X Cassette
This incredibly innovative design is the most advanced cassette ever made. It is super light, deadly silent, and delivers an undeniable performance advantage. The eight cogs in the middle are machined from a single block of high grade tool steel, increasing stiffness while weighing even less than a titanium cassette. Between each cog in the block is a StealthRing elastomer to reduce vibration and noise.
• Super light 10 speed hollow steel dome construction
• StealthRing elastomers for silent ride • Aluminum large cog and super durable finish
SRAM RED 1091R Chain
The newest PC 1091R chain features more heavily chamfered outer plates for improved shifting and quieter running. The HollowPin construction of SRAM‘s 10 speed PowerChain provides smooth, precise shifting and weight savings without sacrificing strength.
• HollowPin technology equals strength, incredible shifting efficiency, and light weight
• 255 grams, 114 links
• PowerLock connector, easiest install in the world