SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur
It’s the front derailleur that changed everything, now with SRAM Force 22, giving riders the freedom to shift with incredible speed into either chainring, with no trim and no chain rasp. The Yaw™ rotating front derailleur cage was just one more elegant solution to a problem that plagued drivetrains for decades. Instead of multiple shifts using trim, with confusing microshifts,
the SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, system that works as one with the chain, cransket and chainrings.
- Yaw™ cage rotates in line with chain, improving the shifting speed and precision while eliminating the need for shifter trim.
- TRUE 22 – twenty-two usable gears in all gear combinations with no rasp or rub.
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference.
- Durable, light, fast, precise and optimized to work with X Glide R™ chainrings.
- Precision alignment markings.
- Integrated chain spotter protects your frame, installs and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself.
Some variations of this product featured on this page are not available for purchase and are installed on bicycles as original equipment only. See your dealer for details.Find a Dealer
Specifications for SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur
|Material||Steel Outer cage, Steel Inner cage, Composite Tail|
|Weight||79g (Braze-on), Chain spotter: 10.2g|
|Compatibility||SRAM RED 22 & Force 22 Front Shift-Brake levers & X GlideR Chainrings, SRAM R2C Aero SL-1190 shifters, SRAM R2C Aero SL-1150 shifters, SRAM 900 Aero brake levers, SRAM 500 Aero shifters|
|Finish||Black Anodized Finish|
|Retail Availability||February 2013|
The front derailleur cage rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. Yaw technology eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new Red crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.