SRAM RED 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur
The SRAM RED 22 Front Derailleur changes everything, including offering every gear combination with no chain rub or rasp. Instead of simply moving back and forth, the derailleur cage actually rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. We call it Yaw™ Technology, and it eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new SRAM RED crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.
- Yaw™ cage rotates in line with chain, improving the shifting speed and precision while eliminating the need for shifter trim.
- Slim spring design eliminates frame interference.
- Optimized for shifting with X G lide R™ C hainrings.
- Best combination of aluminum and steel for the strongest and most durable cage we have ever made.
- Precision alignment markings.
- Integrated chain spotter protects your frame without adding any extra clunk, and adjusts independently of the derailleur itself.
- Two grams lighter than 10 speed version (69g)
Some variations of this product featured on this page are not available for purchase and are installed on bicycles as original equipment only. See your dealer for details.Find a Dealer
Specifications for SRAM RED 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur
|Material||Aluminum Outer Cage, Tool Steel Inner Cage, Composite Tail|
|Weight||69g (Braze-on), Chain spotter: 10.2g|
|Compatibility||SRAM RED 22 & Force 22 Front Shift-Brake levers & X GlideR Chainrings, SRAM R2C Aero SL-1190 shifters, SRAM R2C Aero SL-1150 shifters, SRAM 900 Aero brake levers, SRAM 500 Aero brake levers|
|Finish||Falcon Grey & black Anodized Finish|
|Retail Availability||May 2013|
The front derailleur cage rotates to maintain a consistent angular relationship with the chain. Yaw technology eliminates the need for shifter trim. As a result, shifts feel more direct, more precise, and combined with the new Red crankset and chainrings, delivers an unmatched performance advantage in front shifting.