Engineering and Design
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality suspension products for a bicycle.
- Design and develop high quality, robust suspension products from concept to prototyping to mass production.
- Create detailed drawings and implement designs into Asian factories.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories and with suppliers.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Mitigate risk by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience designing bicycle components or consumer products. Suspension systems and/or component design experience strongly desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.