Marketing and Communications
Digital Content Specialist
United States, Illinois, Chicago | United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs | Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver
To act as the driving force for implementing rider-focused digital content and communications, bringing the SRAM brand to life. Manage daily digital communications from the brand and play a large role in distributing and maintaining digital content that supports the product and brand.
- Deploy content, maintain, grow, monitor, report, and interact across all social media platforms and digital communities. Stay up to date with platform trends and the appearance of the brand and product.
- Craft unique, compelling copy that aligns to overall brand guidelines to be deployed across all communication outlets, with a focus on social media and email.
- Partner with cross functional teams to catalogue and purpose all photo and video content assets for the brand.
- Implement email marketing campaigns for the brand, creating emails, optimizing content, and reporting on metrics.
- Develop ongoing web content in support of athlete stories, industry partners, and ongoing product communication needs.
- Monitor and action updates to existing .com content to ensure accuracy, efficiency and overall alignment with the product communication strategy.
- Support digital advertising. Monitor and manage comments on paid social campaigns.
- Support content development opportunities across SRAM brands, industry partners, athletes, and events.
- Travel and participate in associated brand activities that require social media management and content creation.
- Contribute to overall marketing strategies and tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education and/or Equivalent Requirements:
- 5 years of experience in marketing and content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or equivalent experience
- KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Expertise in digital content and marketing, with social media experience a focus
- Deep understanding of road bike product and culture
- Strong English language copywriting skills. Ability to write to the SRAM brand voice and tone
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
- Understands basic design principles and can supply quality feedback to improve designs
- Has an eye for selecting photography that compels and communicates. Understands basic photo editing techniques
- Strong communication/presentation skills – written and oral
- Can effectively synthesize feedback, prioritize input from stakeholders, and problem solve solutions
- Adobe Photoshop experience
- Experience with CMS tools and email tools. CRM experience a plus
- Ability to empathize with riders and view a communication experience through a rider-centric lens
- Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand at events for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%, including weekends
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary starts at $60,000+ up to 30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance