Engineering and Design
Associate Design Engineer
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
We are looking for an Associate Design Engineer to contribute to the mechanical design team on new product development of SRAM’s brake components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Bring enthusiasm to learning, teaching, and evolving core engineering tools we use to create our products
- Create component and assembly CAD models and associated engineering drawings
- Mitigate design risks using tools such as FMEA, FEA, GD&T and statistics
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support an equitable, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- Actively evolve and improve not only SRAM’s products but also SRAM’s culture
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent degree
- Recent graduate with engineering internships, Co-ops, or special projects; or up to 3 years professional experience after graduation
- A drive for learning, self-improvement, and team growth
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems with a methodical, hands-on approach
- The ability to communicate with a broad audience, across cultures
- The ability to travel outside of the U.S., primarily to Asia, up to four times per year, for one to two weeks at a time (Covid-19 safety allowing)
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Colorado Springs SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate and join us in office by an agreed upon date.
- No need to be a cyclist!
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Starting salary $70,000 up to +15% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.