Engineering and Design
San Luis Obispo, California
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle.
- Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate and consult with other engineers and team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Mitigate risks through proactive design analysis.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent engineering discipline.
- 3+ years’ of professional mechanical design experience required. 5+ years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes such as designing composite materials, forging, CNC machining/turning, and stamping.
- Extensive CAD experience required. Creo Parametric and surface modeling experience strongly desired.
- Experience with and ability to mentor others in applying a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA and tolerance analysis.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for one to two weeks at a time.