Senior Tax Associate
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Based in the former warehouse district of Fulton Market, Chicago’s lively West Loop area, which is now a hip corporate and entertainment area known for creative global and modern American restaurants, we have easy access to public transport, great restaurants, and an awesome office roof deck. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the fun. You will be a key resource on the finance team by coordinating all US tax compliance projects and global accounting for income taxes. Assists with special projects related to federal and state income tax, sales and use tax, international tax, and transfer pricing, while also participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Coordinate the Company’s US and state income tax return preparation, including gathering the appropriate information from different departments, preparing summary workpapers, and working with the public accounting firm to ensure timely issue recognition and delivery.
- Assistance with the R&D credit, Section 174 and inventory capitalization calculations.
- Drive the US quarterly estimated tax payment calculation process.
- Review the sales and use tax calculations and filings, utilizing Avalara to file the returns.
- Work with the finance and HR teams to monitor state income and sales and use tax nexus.
- Prepare the consolidated quarterly and annual income tax disclosures for SRAM’s financial statements, along with associated workpapers. Coordinate with global team to obtain required information and respond to questions from our external auditors.
- Assist with responding to various tax authorities’ requests for information or audits.
- Special projects include researching and modeling tax planning and reform proposals, assisting with tax due diligence requests and / or acquisition modeling, and transfer pricing support.
- Participate in process improvement projects within the finance and accounting team.
- Reports to the Sr. Tax Director. Assists other Finance Managers / Directors on special projects.
- BS in Accounting, Masters preferred
- CPA eligibility required
- 3+ years of public / private tax experience
- KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Strong understanding of US and state tax law, including identification and calculation of book to tax differences and familiarity with accounting methods and income tax nexus rules.
- Proficient in accounting for income tax (ASC 740)
- Exposure to international income tax, transfer pricing, and M&A a plus
SRAM LLC ist einer der weltweit größten Zulieferer von Komponenten für die Fahrradindustrie. SRAM wurde 1987 in Chicago gegründet und widmet sich seitdem dem Fahrrad: Durch seine Produkte, sein soziales Engagement und seine Mitarbeiter, die das Radfahren immer besser machen wollen. Heute beschäftigt SRAM mehr als 4.500 Mitarbeiter an über 20 Standorten in 9 Ländern weltweit. SRAM ist stolz darauf, ein Arbeitgeber mit Chancengleichheit zu sein.