Engineering and Design
San Luis Obispo, California
Perform testing on product samples, provide accurate test information and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Execute test procedures accurately, interpret and provide accurate data to test requesters in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operate test equipment and set up machines by using controller interfaces.
- Collaborate with technicians, test engineers and development engineers to provide best-in-class testing; including new test designs.
- Organize and maintain lab space, equipment, tools and supplies using 5S methodology.
- Execute preventive maintenance accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with maintaining and upgrading test equipment and support systems.
- Identify and implement improvements for test lab processes and fixtures.
- Minimum 2 year Degree or 3 years’ hands on mechanical work experience.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software, including extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Lean, 5S and continuous improvement methods a plus.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the fundamental operation of bicycles preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to ride a bicycle, operate test fixtures and lift up to 50 lbs as needed.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.