Engineering and Design
Associate Design Engineer
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high-quality suspension products for a bicycle.
- Support the design and development of high-quality, robust suspension products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories, and with suppliers.
- Provide input for the development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- Knowledge of suspension systems and/or component design is strongly desired.
- Understanding of electromechanical engineering principles is desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 2-3 times per year for one to two weeks at a time.
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Starting salary $60,000 up to +15% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.