Engineering and Design
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for a Design Engineer to contribute to the mechanical design team on new product development across a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. Based in the former warehouse district of Fulton Market, Chicago’s lively West Loop area, which is now a hip corporate and entertainment area known for creative global and modern American restaurants, we have easy access to public transport, great restaurants, and an awesome office roof deck. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components. This role is hybrid, with 4 days in the office and 1 day remote.
- Work through design process from sketches and ideas to product-in-hand, collaborating and problem solving with a small, cross-functional team and factories around the world
- Participate in our feedback-driven culture for product design and personal development
- Bring enthusiasm to learning, teaching, and evolving core engineering tools we use to create our products
- Create component and assembly CAD models and associated engineering drawings
- Mitigate design risks using tools such as FMEA, FEA, GD&T and statistics
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support an equitable, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- Actively evolve and improve not only SRAM’s products but also SRAM’s culture
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent degree
- 3+ years’ of professional mechanical design experience required
- A drive for learning, self-improvement, and team growth
- The ability to identify, analyze and solve complex problems with a methodical, hands-on approach
- The ability to communicate with a broad audience, across cultures
- The ability to travel outside of the U.S., primarily to Asia, up to four times per year, for one to two weeks at a time
- This role is intended to work onsite in our Chicago SRAM location. Non-local candidates will be expected to relocate to the Chicago area by an agreed upon date.
- No need to be a cyclist!