San Luis Obispo, California
To support the development and production of high-quality products through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them.
- Understand the complete product value stream.
- Lead teams through product quality improvements and issue containment & resolution.
- Charter & lead systematic improvements to mitigate issue recurrence.
- Support design and supply chain risk mitigation, qualification & control with critical characteristic continuity.
- Drive customer quality requirements into new product specifications; enable the value stream to meet or exceed these requirements.
- Ensure stakeholders are aware of the quality of released products.
- Promote a culture and attitude for continuous improvement, enabling SRAM to be a more efficient, safer, and enjoyable place to work.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / technical degree or equally relevant experience.
- 3 years’ work experience in an engineering or manufacturing related role.
- ASQ CQE and 6 Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Highly adaptable and detailed oriented.
- Carbon fiber experience, a plus.
- Hands-on problem solver at their core, with a strong quality & customer-focused mindset.
- Personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally).
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills are required to establish effective working relationships throughout SRAM and our key customers.
- Able to work independently, effectively prioritizing & organizing workload to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in structured root cause analysis & applied statistics (e.g., DoE, SPC) for decision making.
- Experience with assessment & utilization of a broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques.
- Experience in lean office environment focused on value-add and waste elimination.
- Proficient in common MS office programs (word, excel, powerpoint, etc.).
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%. *Post COVID-19 restrictions