United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
To write, design, and communicate technical information through print and digital documentation for all SRAM brands and departments to be used by technical and non-technical, internal and external audiences.
- Design and create the layout, text, and images for user manuals, service manuals, and other technical assets.
- Revise existing assets to support product updates.
- Conduct principal photography, editing, and post-production rendering for assets.
- Work with digital 3D models and prepare for use in assets.
- Prepare electronic files for release, print, web-use, and archive. Work with Purchasing to
- coordinate and approve print samples as needed.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Team Leaders, and Engineers to create content and revise these materials from start to finish.
- Coordinate translations for all assets revised or created.
- Benchmark competitor and non-endemic technical collateral.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing & Communication, Journalism, English, or similar, or 2+ years of equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of design and layout concepts for written materials.
- Must be proficient in using the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience managing and editing data in a CMS is a plus.
- Experience working with Creo or other 3D model software is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the bicycle industry and products, including component names, installation, and maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish project management timelines to meet milestones and adjust as needed from kickoff to delivery.
- Demonstrate creativity, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with team members, cross-functional teams, management, and customers.
- Ability to accept criticism, provide constructive feedback, and self-motivation with strong follow through.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for projects as needed. (<5%)
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $45,000 and up to +30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.