Engineering and Design
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for a Test Engineer to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Lead the development of new tests, procedures, and test machines.
- Utilize testing to help design engineers improve product performance.
- Apply statistics and reliability to develop test plans to verify and validate designs.
- Analyze test data to identify key failures, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes.
- Communicate test status updates for all responsible projects to product development teams.
- Drive testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred); or equivalent
- Professional experience in new product development or product improvement. Familiarity working with electronics, PCBAs and FW/SW is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of bicycles
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally team.