Engineering and Design
San Luis Obispo, California
Perform testing on product samples, provide accurate test information and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Execute test procedures accurately, interpret and provide accurate data to test requesters in an efficient and timely manner.
- Operate test equipment and set up machines by using controller interfaces.
- Collaborate with technicians, test engineers and development engineers to provide best-in-class testing; including new test designs.
- Organize and maintain lab space, equipment, tools and supplies using 5S methodology.
- Execute preventive maintenance accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with maintaining and upgrading test equipment and support systems.
- Identify and implement improvements for test lab processes and fixtures.
- Minimum 2 year Degree or 3 years’ hands on mechanical work experience.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software, including extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Lean, 5S and continuous improvement methods a plus.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the fundamental operation of bicycles preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to ride a bicycle, operate test fixtures and lift up to 50 lbs as needed.