1) After you’ve paired the components in your AXS groupset together and completed setup and tuning, download the free AXS app from the Apple App Store or Google Play
2) Check that your device’s Bluetooth is turned on (that’s how your device connects to AXS components)
3) Open the app
4) Create a SRAM ID to save bike profiles and help facilitate future service
5) Give your bike a gentle shake to wake up the components (they automatically sleep to save battery power)
6) Press [+] to add a bike to your list and then follow the prompts
7) Press “SEARCH FOR PARTS”
8) Press the AXS button on the rear derailleur (the groupset’s ‘Master Component’) to ensure it is awake. Then press CONNECT in the app to link to the derailleur and assign it to your new bike profile.
You will then be asked to authorize the device when you connect to it for the first time. Follow the prompt to press the AXS button for this authorization.
Then press CONNECT in the app to link to the derailleur and assign it to your new bike profile.
9) Press on each component in the app to check for and install firmware updates
Updating to the latest firmware ensures you get the best possible performance and every feature currently available
The AXS app gives you the option to select enhanced shift modes, reassign shift button functions, and control the AXS Multishift function.
Enhanced Shift Modes
1) Press ”Settings”
2) Enable Enhanced Shift Mode
3.a) Compensation Mode — When you make a front shift, the rear derailleur will shift one or two cogs to lessen the gear step between chainrings
3.b) Sequential Mode — Just pick easier or harder. The system will choose when to shift the front derailleur
3.c) Multishift Control — Select how many gears the rear derailleur will shift when you hold down a shift button
Reassign Shift Button Functions
1) Press “Configure Controls”
2) Option to reverse shift logic
3) Assign remote shift buttons to perform specific functions (e.g. shift the front derailleur or operate a RockShox Reverb AXS)