For this special episode of SRAMcast we’ve partnered with Liv Cycling to share a panel discussion from the 2019 Sea Otter Classic. The event was titled, “A Seat at the Table” and included ambassadors, athletes, technicians, and engineers. Panel members discussed their views on the current state of diversity within the sport of cycling and how to expand it.
Panel members included:
- SRAM Ambassador, Liv Racing athlete, and owner of, “A Quick Brown Fox dot com,” Ayesha McGowan
- Bike mechanic and service specialist at Ruckus Composites, Laura Solís.
- Student, artist, and competitive freeskier, Brooklyn Bell.
- SRAM product design engineer, David Reyes.
- SRAM ambassador and Liv Racing athlete, bike mechanic, and freelance designer, Sam Scipio.
- And Giant Factory mountain bike team racer, Eliot Jackson.
The panel discussion was hosted by Brook Hopper from Liv Cycling and SRAM Women’s Program Manager, Sara Jarrell.
Photos by Wil Matthews