SRAM RED 22 Crankset
Innovation often comes from places you would least expect. In order to make a lighter crankset, we made it bigger. To add stiffness, we used less material. The new SRAM RED 22 Exogram™ Crankset is completely hollow all the way to the spider. Its hidden bolt pattern makes better use of carbon fiber to further improve stiffness and shed weight. The stunning X-GlideR™ chainrings are optimized for use with the Yaw™ Technology in the front derailleur, delivering seamless, flawless performance.
- Exogram™ technology uses a large, hollow cross section all the way to the spider, minimizing weight while maximizing stiffness. Our stiffest crank ever.
- Hidden bolt pattern leverages the characteristics of carbon fiber while presenting a sleek appearance.
- Stiffer X Glide R™ chainrings feature thicker construction, advanced shift timing pins and ramps, which are optimized for shifting with the Yaw™
- Front Derailleur.
- GXP, PressFit, BB30, PressFit 30 availability.
- Available ratios: 53/39, 52/36, 50/34, 46/36
- Available arm lengths: 165mm, 167.5mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm, 177.5mm
Some variations of this product featured on this page are not available for purchase and are installed on bicycles as original equipment only. See your dealer for details.Find a Dealer
Specifications for SRAM RED 22 Crankset
|Chainring Material||Machined Alloy|
|Weight||557g (BB30 172.5mm 53x39 BB not included), 609g (GXP 172.5mm 53x39 BB not included)|
|Available Arm Lengths||165mm, 167.5mm, 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm, 177.5mm|
|Available Ratios||53/39, 52/36, 50/34, 46/36|
|Compatibility||SRAM RED 22 & SRAM Force 22 Yaw™ Front Derailleur, SRAM RED 22 & PC1170 chains|
|Technology Highlight(s)||Exogram™ Hollow Crank Arm & Spider w/ X GlideR™ Chainrings / Hidden Bolt Spider Tab|
|Options||GXP, PressFit, BB30, PressFit 30 availability|
|Retail Availability||June 2013|
The new Hollow Carbon Construction starts in the crank arm and extends into the cranks’ spider. It maximizes the stiffness to weight ratio.
- X-GlideR Chainrings
The chainrings are designed for an optimized shifting performance with the Yaw front derailleur. The stiffer rings (5mm 7075-T6 aluminum CNC-machined) feature upshift rivets with an advanced design adopted from SRAM XX. CNC machining allows for precision control of each tooth shape, ramp, and nearly every shifting feature of the chainring. Chainrings, chain, and front derailleur are designed as a single integrated system for optimized performance.