Without wires or cables, we were able to design a simpler way to shift, and the intuitive simplicity of SRAM RED® eTap® is available with the added performance of hydraulic road disc brakes (HRD). The SRAM RED® eTap® HRD shift-brake control offers the world's first wireless drivetrain with our most advanced HRD platform yet, HydroHC™. Simpler shifting, better braking-all in the name of true advancement.
- New HydroHC™ brake platform offers more control than any other road brake on the market
- Small diameter hood for more finger wrap
- Contact Point Adjustment™ lets you custom tune when your brakes engage
- An independent Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your brake lever position for maximum one-finger control
- Bleeding Edge™ technology for quick, hassle-free bleeds
- Class-leading heat management technologies-heat shield, insulated aluminum pistons, and a wider pad pocket-help HydroHC™ improve on HydroR™'s already impressive heat management capabilities.
- Responsive lever feel for better control, featuring a light lever stroke with distinct contact point and snappy return
- SRAM eTap® shift logic for intuitive and reliable shifting
- Wireless connection via AIREA™ network for fast and clean installation
With this new caliper fluid circuitry, the bleed port has been moved to the bottom of the caliper, and all four piston bores can communicate. This way, during bleeding fluid naturally fills the caliper, resulting in an easier, more consistent bleed.
Contact Point Adjustment
Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same.
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.
All of the underlying tech in our new SRAM RED® eTap groupset, such as wireless shifting, advanced battery power management, and mechatronics technologies, are meant to serve one ultimate purpose: to facilitate the most intuitive and consistent shifting available. This shift logic is called eTap. Right lever makes it harder, left lever makes it easier, both levers shift the front derailleur. Simple, unmistakable, and intuitive.
Utilizing 128-bit encryption, eTap® shift signals are transmitted and received in accordance with SRAM’s proprietary wireless protocol known as AIREA™. Each time an eTap groupset is paired, a new encryption code is generated and assigned to the components in this group to ensure complete shifting security.
Stealth-a-majig™ is the coupling that makes initial setup of hydraulic systems fast and convenient. Its smaller size allows for easier internal cable routing, giving bikes a clean look.
|Lever orientation||Left, Right|
|Brake orientation||Front, Rear|
|Compat - Derailleur (Hyd)||ETAP|
|Pad type (Disc)||Steel-backed organic|
|Bracket (Disc Brake)||Direct mount DIR, Flat Mount 20mm offset, Flat Mount no offset, Intl Std(140mm Rear,160mm Frt rotor) 0IS, Intl Std(160mm Rear,180mm Frt rotor) 20I, Post mount (20mm bracket) 20P|
|Connectamajig||Stealth-a-majig Connected, Stealth-a-majig Disconnected|