Senior Tax Associate
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Be a key resource on the finance team by supporting the tax director on various research and compliance projects related to federal and state income tax, sales and use tax, international tax, transfer pricing, and accounting for income taxes while also participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Coordinate the Company’s US and state income tax return and R&D Credit preparation, which is outsourced to a public accounting firm. This includes gathering the appropriate information from different departments, preparing summary workpapers, and working with the accounting firm to ensure timely issue recognition and delivery.
- Drive the quarterly estimated tax payment calculation process
- Review the sales and use tax calculations and filings, utilizing Avalara to file the returns
- Work with the finance and HR teams to monitor state income and sales and use tax nexus.
- Prepare the consolidated quarterly and annual income tax disclosures for SRAM’s financial statements, along with associated workpapers. Coordinate with the global team to obtain required information and respond to questions from our external auditors.
- Assist with research and modeling for US tax planning and tax reform proposals.
- Involved in transfer pricing and international tax planning.
- Assist with responding to various tax authorities’ requests for information or audits
- Assist with tax due diligence requests and structuring alternatives for potential acquisition targets
- Participate in process improvement projects within the finance and accounting team.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting, Masters preferred
- CPA eligibility required
- 5 years of public/private tax experience
- Strong understanding of US and state tax law, including identification and calculation of book to tax differences and familiarity with accounting methods and income tax nexus rules.
- Proficient in accounting for income tax (ASC 740)
- Exposure to international income tax, transfer pricing, and M&A preferred
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; experience with continuous improvement preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products; familiar with tax research software (CCH preferred)
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.