The SRAM Force 1 rear derailleur adopts all the technologies of SRAM 1x™ MTB to provide the fastest, quietest 1x11 shifting available. SRAM's unique clutch system eliminates chain slack, providing for smoother, quieter, and more secure chain travel.
$225 - $230
- EXACT ACTUATION™ for fast and accurate shifts using SRAM's 1:1® actuation ratio (shifter cable travel: derailleur movement)
- X-SYNC™ pulley features a 12-tooth design that helps control the chain's lateral movement
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™'s one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting
- X-Horizon™ straight parallelogram design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force
- Cage Lock™ technology makes for fast wheel changes or chain installation
- A dedicated SRAM 1x™ rear derailleur
With CAGE LOCK technology in the rear derailleur, wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—becomes faster and simpler. Just push the cage forward to create slack and lock it into place.
When we launched our road technology from scratch we reapplied our MTB proven SRAM 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel : derailleur movement). EA helps to simplify and stabilize the uneasy act of balancing rear derailleur hanger design, tight cog spacing, and exact cable tension. The result: the easiest index shifting system to set up—and it stays that way.
ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH
ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH technology eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision.
This rear derailleur’s “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears.
SRAM X-SYNC 1x chainrings provide the highest level of performance and durability. The SRAM X-SYNC tall square teeth edges engage the chain earlier than traditional triangle shaped teeth. The sharp and narrow tooth profile, as well as rounded chamfer edges, help manage a deflected chain. To provide the best possible performance in muddy conditions, the X-SYNC chainrings have been designed with mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers. Engineered in Germany, X-SYNC rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1x drivetrain. Accept no imitation.
|Cage (RD)||Long, Medium, Short|
|Cable pull ratio||Exact actuation|
|Cage material (RD)||Aluminum|
|Pulley bearings material||Steel|
|Max tooth||28, 36, 42|
Installation. Service. Compatibility. Find all the documentation needed to set up, use, and maintain your components in the SRAM Service hub.Visit product service page