Engineering and Design
Associate Design Engineer
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high-quality suspension products for a bicycle.
- Support the design and development of high-quality, robust suspension products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories, and with suppliers.
- Provide input for the development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- Knowledge of suspension systems and/or component design is strongly desired.
- Understanding of electromechanical engineering principles is desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 2-3 times per year for one to two weeks at a time.
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Starting salary $60,000 up to +15% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.