Engineering and Design
San Luis Obispo, California
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle.
- Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Effectively document design specifications using standard documentation practices.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate and consult with other engineers and team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Mitigate risks through proactive design analysis.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent engineering discipline.
- 3+ years’ of professional mechanical design experience required. 5+ years’ experience preferred.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes such as designing composite materials, forging, CNC machining/turning, and stamping.
- Extensive CAD experience required. Creo Parametric and surface modeling experience strongly desired.
- Experience with and ability to mentor others in applying a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA and tolerance analysis.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for one to two weeks at a time.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,600+ employees, 15+ locations and 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.