Engineering and Design
San Luis Obispo, California
We are looking for a Design Engineer to contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality products for the front drivetrain of a bicycle in our San Luis Obispo location. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Design and develop high quality, robust products that achieve project goals.
- Regularly communicate, collaborate, and consult with other engineers and team members.
- Mitigate risks through proactive design analysis.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures to how work is accomplished.
- Continuously improve engineering best practices and standard procedures.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team and at factories and suppliers.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or equivalent engineering discipline.
- 3+ years’ of professional mechanical design experience required. 5+ years’ experience preferred.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship building skills.
- Hands-on manufacturing and prototyping experience preferred.
- Experience designing for a variety of manufacturing processes such as forging, CNC machining/turning, and stamping.
- Experience designing and building composite parts a strong plus.
- Experience in applying a variety of engineering tools such as statistics, GD&T, FEA, FMEA and tolerance analysis.
- Extensive CAD experience required. Creo and surface modeling experience a plus.
- Product Lifecycle Management system (PLM) experience such as Windchill a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally multiple times per year for one to two weeks at a time.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM, LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 3,000+ employees, 20+ locations and 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.