Engineering and Design
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
Contribute to a highly innovative team by designing and developing high quality suspension products for a bicycle.
- Design and develop high-quality, robust suspension products from concept to prototyping to mass production.
- Create detailed drawings and share with Asian factories.
- Apply SRAM engineering best practices and standard procedures in how work is accomplished.
- Regularly collaborate and consult with other engineers and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Facilitate problem resolution within the design team, at factories, and with suppliers.
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Mitigate risk by utilizing solid engineering science principles and through proactive design analysis.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience designing bicycle components or consumer products. Suspension systems and/or component design experience strongly desired.
- A solid understanding of electromechanical engineering principles desired.
- CAD experience required in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally four to seven times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $70,000 + up to 20% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.