Engineering and Design
United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
We are looking for a Design Engineer to contribute to the mechanical design team on new product development across SRAM’s cycling components, brakes in particular. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world-class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Work through design process from sketches and ideas to product-in-hand, collaborating and problem solving with a small, cross-functional team and factories around the world
- Participate in our feedback-driven culture for product design and personal development
- Bring enthusiasm to learning, teaching, and evolving core engineering tools we use to create our products
- Create component and assembly CAD models and associated engineering drawings
- Mitigate design risks using tools such as FMEA, FEA, GD&T and statistics
- Provide input for development of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Support an equitable, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- Actively evolve and improve not only SRAM’s products but also SRAM’s culture
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred); or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience. Consumer product design experience a plus.
- CAD experience desired in the following areas: 3D parametric solid modeling, creating and managing assemblies, layout and detailing of drawings, GD&T, and change management systems. Pro/Engineer experience is strongly desired.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork, and relationship skills.
- Ability to recognize, learn, and accept cultural differences and work in a flexible and changing work environment, both alone and within teams.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to four times per year for approximately one week at a time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point.
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. Salary range is $75,000 + up to 40% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 5,000+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 10+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.