United States, Illinois, Chicago
We have an opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team. This challenging and rewarding role will be responsible for the software product quality across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories throughout the complete product lifecycle.
- Ensure that software quality meets or exceed customer requirements
- Lead structured problem-solving activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions address systemic root causes to resolve complex issues
- Define current state of the quality measures and processes for software quality
- Use understanding the system behavior to drive quality improvements continuously
- Work with software development teams to implement and improve standard processes for high quality software
- Lead and mobilize people to enable required changes and remove or elevate roadblocks when required
- Constantly strive to increase the ratio of value to non-value and eliminate waste
- May perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in software quality, a plus
- Experience collaborating with individuals in the organization to implement continuous improvements
- Demonstrated proficiency using and teaching quality tools needed to drive improvement activities for complex product, process, or system issues
- Ability to lead on cross-functional, global teams
- Ability to see the larger picture beyond just detailed issues
- Hands on problem solver
- Understand the complete value stream for assigned product families for both new product development and operations after product launch
- Ability to make data-based decisions
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5%
- The benefits for this position include group health insurances including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long term disability, and paid time off. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.