United States, Colorado, Colorado Springs
To write, design, and communicate technical information through print and digital documentation for all SRAM brands and departments to be used by technical and non-technical, internal and external audiences.
- Design and create the layout, text, and images for user manuals, service manuals, and other technical assets.
- Revise existing assets to support product updates.
- Conduct principal photography, editing, and post-production rendering for assets.
- Work with digital 3D models and prepare for use in assets.
- Prepare electronic files for release, print, web-use, and archive. Work with Purchasing to
- coordinate and approve print samples as needed.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Team Leaders, and Engineers to create content and revise these materials from start to finish.
- Coordinate translations for all assets revised or created.
- Benchmark competitor and non-endemic technical collateral.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing & Communication, Journalism, English, or similar, or 2+ years of equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of design and layout concepts for written materials.
- Must be proficient in using the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience managing and editing data in a CMS is a plus.
- Experience working with Creo or other 3D model software is a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the bicycle industry and products, including component names, installation, and maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish project management timelines to meet milestones and adjust as needed from kickoff to delivery.
- Demonstrate creativity, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with team members, cross-functional teams, management, and customers.
- Ability to accept criticism, provide constructive feedback, and self-motivation with strong follow through.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for projects as needed. (<5%)
- The benefits of this position include group health insurance including medical, dental, vision, and ancillary plans. As well as 401k match, life insurance, long-term disability, and paid time off. Salaries start at $45,000 and up to +30% based on skills and experience level. This position is eligible for an annual corporate bonus based on company and individual performance.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.