Engineering and Design
United States, Illinois, Chicago
We are looking for a Test Engineer to contribute to the development of a variety of SRAM’s cycling components. You will join a highly effective, caring team in an office full of natural light, bikes, and donuts! Our engineering area is stocked with work benches, an in-house machine shop, and a full test lab. Meet your teammates for a lakefront ride, yoga on the rooftop, or lunch on the balcony in between all the engineering fun. Not all SRAM engineers are cyclists, but we all have a passion for creating our world class products. Enjoy a work environment focused on peer collaboration, continuous improvement, and hands-on creation of high-quality, robust bike components.
- Lead the development of new tests, procedures, and test machines.
- Utilize testing to help design engineers improve product performance.
- Apply statistics and reliability to develop test plans to verify and validate designs.
- Analyze test data to identify key failures, trends, and/or critical performance factors of design prototypes.
- Communicate test status updates for all responsible projects to product development teams.
- Drive testing consistency across all locations, in both procedures and equipment, resulting in high quality data.
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace where all team members value diversity and individual differences.
- Utilize continuous improvement (LEAN) concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred); or equivalent
- Professional experience in new product development or product improvement. Familiarity working with electronics, PCBAs and FW/SW is a plus.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and relationship skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of bicycles
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally team.
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience. Today, SRAM employs more than 4,500+ employees, in 20+ locations, across 9+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.