PAIRING YOUR SRAM AXS DRIVETRAIN TO A HAMMERHEAD BIKE COMPUTER
Karoo 1, Karoo 2
AXS + Karoo
Hammerhead’s Karoo 2 sets the standard for innovative bike computers. Connect your AXS drivetrains to your Karoo 2 to record shifting data, know when to charge your batteries, and get the most out of your SRAM AXS products.
How to pair your AXS drivetrain to your Karoo 2:
Pairing connects your drivetrain with your Hammerhead bike computer.
You only need to do this once. Once paired, Karoo can connect to your AXS drivetrain automatically.
Before you pair, be sure your Hammerhead Karoo has the latest firmware.
1. Bring the Karoo within 3 m (10 ft.) of the rear derailleur (RD)
NOTE: Stay 10 m (33 ft.) away from other riders' sensors while pairing.
2. Make sure the RD is awake by backpedaling a few times.
3. On the Karoo, select APPS > SENSORS > Tap on the"﹢" button to start the search for nearby sensors.
4. Tick the box next to the sensor with the matching serial number to your RD (The serial number of the RD is etched on the inside face of the pulley cage)
5. Tap on the"✓ " button to confirm pairing. You will see a green confirmation screen letting you know your AXS Drivetrain is now paired. You’re all set
How to set up the chainring and cassette sizes:
Press “Configure” after pairing your AXS Drivetrain, or tap on your AXS Drivetrain in the Sensors List and select “Configure Gearing”.
Start by entering the number of teeth on your Chainrings.
For your Cassette, enter the teeth in your largest and smallest cogs, and Karoo will fill in the rest of the cassette if it's a standard cassette size. Otherwise, you can manually enter each cog's teeth.
You can tap “see all cogs” to confirm or edit each cog’s teeth, even if Karoo filled it in automatically.
Don’t forget to add Data Fields related to SRAM AXS Drivetrain to see your gearing while you ride.
Pairing your SRAM AXS Drivetrain with Garmin Bike Computers
Garmin EDGE 1000, 1030, 1040, 520, 520 PLUS, 530, 820, 820 PLUS, 830
Before you pair, be sure your Garmin device has the latest firmware.
Pairing is connecting your drivetrain with your Garmin bike computer.
1. Bring the Garmin device within 3 m (10 ft.) of the rear derailleur (RD)
NOTE: Stay 10 m (33 ft.) away from other riders' sensors while pairing
2. Make sure the RD is awake by backpedaling a few times
3. On the Garmin device, select MENU > SENSORS > ADD SENSOR
4. Select SHIFTING
5. Tick the box next to the sensor with the matching serial number to your RD (The serial number of the RD is etched on the inside face of the pulley cage)
6. Select ADD
7. After SHIFTING is found, you will be prompted to “Add custom data screen to support new sensors?”. Click the tick to add data fields on your screen to show gear info. You can also add data fields to your screen later.
8. When the sensor is paired with your device, the sensor status is CONNECTED.
Now set up the chainring and cassette sizes:
1. On the Garmin device, select MENU > SENSORS
2. Select the shifting sensor
3. Select Sensor Details
4. Select Front Gears
5. You can now either select the chainring size(s) in Gear Presets, or if you cannot find your chainring combo listed, you can manually input the sizes (Gear 1 = small ring, Gear 2 = big ring)
6. Click back and now click on Rear Gears
You can now either select the cassette size in Gear Presets, or if you cannot find your cassette ratio listed, you can manually input the sizes (Gear 1 = largest cog, Gear 11/12 = smallest cog)
Pairing Your SRAM AXS drivetrain with your Wahoo Bike Computer.
Wahoo ELEMNT ROAM or BOLT
Before you pair, be sure your Wahoo device is paired to the Elemnt App.
Pairing is connecting your drivetrain with your Wahoo bike computer.
1. Press the Power button on the left side of the Elemnt head unit to enter settings.
2. Use the down button on the right side of the device to scroll down to ADD SENSOR.
3. Follow instructions to hold Elemnt next to the Rear Derailleur for identification.
4. Once it is recognized, add the sensor.
Now go to the Wahoo Elemnt Mobile App to complete the setup:
1. On the Elemnt mobile app press SETTINGS on the lower right of the screen.
2. Scroll down to the SENSORS section and press SET UP SENSORS.
3. Press GEARS
4. Press CONFIGURE GEAR RATIOS
5. Select the number of chainrings you have and then enter the number of teeth for the chainring(s). Then press DONE.
6. Under the Rear Gear Ratio section, select 12 in the cassette section.
7. Press CUSTOM to select the gear range.
8. Select the cassette you are using. This information can be found on the back of the large cassette cog. Press BACK on the top left of the screen to complete the process.