SRAM Force 1 Rear Derailleur
The SRAM Force 1 Rear Derailleur adopts all the technologies of SRAM 1x MTB to provide the fastest, quietest 1x11 shifting available. SRAM’s unique clutch system eliminates chain slack, providing for smoother, quieter, and more secure chain travel.
- A dedicated 1x rear derailleur.
- Exact Actuation™ for fast and accurate shifts using SRAM’s 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel: derailleur movement). 10 and 11 speed compatible.
- X-SYNC™ pulley features a 12-tooth design that helps control the chain’s lateral movement.
- X-HORIZON™ “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force.
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™’s one-way roller clutch controls chain tension for consistent shifting.
- CAGE LOCK™ technology makes for fast wheel changes or chain installation.
- Available in Short: 11-26 through 11-28 / Medium: 11-26 through 11-36 / Long 11-32 through 10-42 cage Lengths
- Weight: 261g.
Some variations of this product featured on this page are not available for purchase and are installed on bicycles as original equipment only. See your dealer for details.Find a Dealer
Specifications for SRAM Force 1 Rear Derailleur
|Speeds||11 (Exact Actuation™) - 10sp compatible|
|Material||Aluminum Cage/ Cartridge Bearing Pulleys/ Stainless Harware|
|Compatibility||SRAM 10- or 11-speed Exact Actuation Shifters/ Long Cage: 11-32 through 10-42 / Medium Cage: 11-26 through 11-32 / Short Cage 11-26 through 11-28|
|Technology Highlight(s)||X-Horizon™/ Roller-Bearing Clutch™/ Cage Lock™/ X-Sync™ Pulleys/ Medium & Short Cages|
|Retail Availability||May 2015|
- CAGE LOCK™
With CAGE LOCK™ technology in the rear derailleur, wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—becomes faster and simpler. Just pushing the cage forward to create slack and lock it into place.
- EXACT ACTUATION™
When we launched our road technology from scratch we reapplied our MTB proven SRAM 1:1 actuation ratio (shifter cable travel : derailleur movement) for 10 speed rear shifting. EA helps to simplify/stabilize the uneasy act of balancing rear derailleur hanger design, tight cog spacing and exact cable tension. The result: the easiest index shifting system to set up and it stays that way.
- ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™
ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ rear derailleurs deliver maximum drivetrain stability—even through the most punishing terrain. With ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology, derailleur bounce and chain slap are eliminated without sacrificing precision.
The X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur’s ‘straight parallelogram’ design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears.