AXS BUTTONS EXPLAINED
The AXS buttons on your derailleurs and controllers do multiple things. Locate the AXS button next to the “AXS” logo on your components: inside the shift paddle on a drop bar controller and on the front of the derailleurs.
• Pressing the AXS button on a derailleur will actuate a shift. On a rear derailleur, one press will shift it outboard and two quick presses will shift it inboard. The front derailleur will automatically shift into the other chainring with a single press.
• Check the battery status on your AXS components with a single press of the AXS button. The LED next to the button will light green or red, letting you know how much charge remains.
• When pairing AXS components, you’ll also be using AXS buttons and their LEDs as part of that procedure.
• LEDs illuminate orange/amber when you connect to the AXS app and during firmware updates initiated within the app.
• To prevent cross-chaining, the rear derailleur LED will alternate red and green when preventing a shift into the 10T cog while riding in the small chainring. It will also display red and green lights when shifting is blocked to prevent motor damage in extremely cold temperatures.