Pairing Your SRAM eTap drivetrain to Garmin EDGE
Garmin EDGE 1000, 1030, 520, 520 PLUS, 530, 820, 820 PLUS, 830
Before you pair, be sure your Garmin device has the latest firmware.
Pairing is connecting your drivetrain with your Garmin device.
1. Bring the Garmin device within 3 m (10 ft.) of the rear derailleur (RD)
NOTE: Stay 10 m (33 ft.) away from other riders' sensors while pairing
2. Make sure the RD is awake by backpedaling a few times
3. On the Garmin device, select MENU > SENSORS > ADD SENSOR
4. Select SHIFTING
5. Tick the box next to the sensor with the matching serial number to your RD (The serial number of the RD is etched on the inside face of the pulley cage)
6. Select ADD
7. After SHIFTING is found, you will be prompted to “Add custom data screen to support new sensors?”. Click the tick to add data fields on your screen to show gear info. You can also do add data fields to your screen later.
8. When the sensor is paired with your device, the sensor status is CONNECTED.
Now set up the chainring and cassette sizes:
1. On the Garmin device, select MENU > SENSORS
2. Select the shifting sensor
3. Select Sensor Details
4. Select Front Gears
5. You can now either select the chainring size(s) in Gear Presets, or if you cannot find your chainring combo listed, you can manually input the sizes (Gear 1 = small ring, Gear 2 = big ring)
6. Click back and now click on Rear Gears
You can now either select the cassette size in Gear Presets, or or if you cannot find your cassette ratio listed, you can manually input the sizes (Gear 1 = largest cog, Gear 11/12 = smallest cog)